- Your question: How well do plants grow in each part of the field?
- Your intention: Optimizing fertilization, crop protection and other treatments designed to increase yield, save costs and meet environmental requirements.
- Our solution: Satellite images of high spatial resolution provide information about the crop condition and yield in each area of the field at several points in time during the growing period.
- Benefits: Satellite-image derived information supports you in managing your crops and increasing your yields.
- Your question: Does your new product/cultivar induce a better plant growth and health?
- Your intention: The results of your outdoor trials shall be monitored and plant parameters such as biomass development, chlorophyll content and yield potential assessed and documented.
- Our solution: Using satellite sensors for measuring plant parameters and yield potential in trial plots. A huge number of plants can be monitored simultaneously under the same parameters.
- Benefits: Obtaining objective and comparable results of field trials within a short time window.
- Your question: How much crop will be harvested in one field, in one region or in a country anywhere in the world ?
- Your intention: You want to know the crop yield in advance in order to make decisions on your crop treatment strategy, commodity trading, or to plan production, logistics and storage capacities.
- Our solution: Satellite supported global crop monitoring and world-wide yield prediction for fields, regions and countries based on precise yield prediction models.
- Benefits: Knowing the harvest volume in advance provides market benefits and planning reliability.
Crop Risk Evaluation
- Your question: What is the level of risk concerning the occurrence of crop stress, for instance, drought, diseases and pests, for a specific plant (e.g. winter wheat) during a special growth phase (e.g. BBCH 32-69) in a country or continent or climate zone?
- Your intention: To find an optimal trial site for specific tasks and questions related to climate, disease or pest conditions. To focus your product marketing on regions harbouring high stress risks.
- Our solution: Analyzing the risk of fungal diseases or droughts occurring, for example. Risk classes are defined and regions are identified and classified according to their risk potential. Satellite image information and the parameters triggering the risk for the crop in the relevant period are considered.
- Benefits: Knowing the risk of climate extremes and diseases/pests enables an optimal selection of sites suitable for trials or marketing activities.